Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Greener pastures in all directions...

I spoke with Michelle a little bit ago, and asked about the Wicker Park Project, and as is to be expected felt quite hollow about not being involved. I am so filled with joy at it's success and so glad that civilians are affected positively by it. While I myself am sad to not be involved (although it is neat to imagine a mastodon puppet that I somewhat germinated yet have never seen tromping about) I find peace in knowing that I would most likely have been a very negative and counter-productive force in these crucial last weeks, and the sea-air, the green, and most importantly the drive to learn I feel here all cement my belief that I have made the right decision for myself. And that feels grounding, if nothing else.

Brandyn and I walked out of the libray last night laden like llamas crossing the Andes. Among our spoils are an exellent biology textbook which I am reading as if it were a gripping novel (and I am even diligently answering all the questions at the end of the chapters) and 'Instant Japanese!', a real romp of of language book that purports to teach us Japanese instantly! Seems to be working too. Hajimemashite. Nicholas desu. Watashitachi wa Tokyo ni ikimasu.

Brandyn just made me rub rotten chimoya on my face. She also just confessed that sometimes she imagines mashing up bananas on her face. Imagine that, Riley. I think its grosser than diapers too. Have to admit that the face post-chimoya feels pretty amazing.

I am waiting on hearing back from a million and one jobs. The coolest are the guitar amp one I mentioned in an earlier post, and another converting old movies to 3d. The 3d movie job I can't do until my marine science class ends in late june, but it seems pretty cool and the pay is decent. I think that I am going to go spend the afternoon at the beach, and hopefully meet up with Bill later today. Brandyn leaves for Austin tomorrow, and we are going to try to spend the night at Bill's to make the commute a little less hellish in the morning.

Write your senators. Remind them that Republicans blocked 60 of Clinton's nominees, and that only 10 of Bush's have been blocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home